CHEYENNE, WYO - The Wyoming Capitol will officially close to the public on Wednesday, December 9 at 5 p.m. and will remain closed until restoration efforts are complete. The project is expected to be finished in late 2018.
The Capitol is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. until its closure. Visitor services and self-guided tours will be available.
Wyoming has embarked on a much-needed restoration and renovation of the Capitol, the adjacent Herschler Building, underground connection, and central utility plant. The Wyoming Capitol Square Project will address health and safety issues and mechanical, electrical and plumbing system deficiencies, and will improve accessibility. Design plans also include larger committee rooms to enhance citizen access to their government, along with other public amenities, such as installation of additional restrooms. The Wyoming Legislature has been setting aside funds for this project for over 12 years. Visit www.wyomingcapitolsquare.com for updates and information about the project.
The Capitol will be completely vacated by Friday, December 4 when the Governor’s Office move is complete. Due to the construction efforts, all offices in the Capitol have been moved to temporary locations for the duration of the project.
- Wyoming Governor’s Office: The main office and the policy offices, which were formerly located in the Herschler Building, to 2323 Carey Avenue in Cheyenne. The website ishttp://governor.wyo.gov. The mailing address is 2323 Capitol Avenue | Cheyenne, WY 82002.
- Wyoming Secretary of State’s Office: 2020 Carey Avenue on the sixth and seventh floors. The website is http://soswy.state.wy.us/. The mailing address is: 2020 Carey Avenue, Suites 600 and 700 | Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020.
- Wyoming State Auditor's Office: to 2020 Carey Avenue on the eighth and ninth floors. The website is http://sao.wyo.gov. The mailing address is different than the temporary location: State Capitol, 114 | Cheyenne, WY 82002.
- Wyoming State Treasurer's Office: to 2020 Carey Avenue on the third and fourth floors. The website is https://treasurer.state.wy.us/. The mailing address is different than the temporary location: State Capitol, 200 West 24th Street | Cheyenne, WY 82002.
- Wyoming Legislature: to the Jonah Business Center, located at 3001 E. Pershing Blvd. in Cheyenne, where the legislative session will begin Feb. 8. The website is www.wyoleg.gov. The Legislature’s mailing address remains the same: 200 W. 24th Street Room 213 | Cheyenne, WY 82002.
- Wyoming Attorney General’s Office’s Administrative Division: to 2320 Capitol Avenue in Cheyenne. The website is http://ag.wyo.gov/. The mailing address is 2320 Capitol Avenue | Cheyenne, WY 82002.