The oldest and most elaborate chandelier in the Capitol hangs beneath the stained glass lay light in the restored historic Wyoming Supreme Court Chamber. This chamber served as the Territorial House Chamber in 1888 and 1889 and served as the Supreme Court Chamber from 1890 to 1938. The 1889 Constitutional Convention was also held in this chamber.
The chandelier and the stained glass lay light were moved to another location in the Capitol in the 1970s when this Chamber was divided into two floors. They have been returned to their original location in the Supreme Court Chamber.
The grandeur of the Supreme Court Chamber has been restored with the addition of the 1888 trompe l’oeil pattern to the walls and the return of the historic chandelier and stained glass. This magnificent room will become the largest meeting room in the Capitol and will seat approximately 75 members of the public, with the restoration of the balcony.
The beautiful jewel-toned stained glass lay light has been returned to the restored historic Wyoming Supreme Court Chamber.